Friday, November 09, 2007

Lonely Friday night...

Well, my mouth is feeling better. And don't think I'm not just a little sad at losing my excuse to pop Vicodin...I have long said that being a clean living Mormon just makes drugs all that more fun when you get to take 'em. But, now it's back to real life and bye bye to drug fogs...

Hubby is on night shifts the next few months and I am sitting here remembering why that's not my favorite. I get bored around 7 pm or so...the kids are sprawled across the floor and furniture in the family room, watching High School Musical 2 for the billionth time, my teenage son is sleeping, and my almost old enough to vote daughter is at work.

[I get to be diverted by going and picking her up in an hour or so but that isn't as fun as one might think. I might as well be in the car alone, because she won't talk to me on the way home...she's all ticked about the injustices of having to do things she doesn't want to do. Which, at this point in her young life, is pretty much anything her father and/or I ask of her. She thinks we sit up nights plotting evil and mayhem just for HER. Please. We spread our works of evil and mayhem out liberally on all seven children, thank you very much.]

So, I'm lonely. I can't call anyone, because this is prime family bonding time for the majority of people. There is never anything on T.V. on a Friday night. I am too tired to consider going out some place, and besides--that would require waking the teenager sleeping on the couch and that is a hill I just DON'T feel like climbing. And my teeth are still super tender, so I can't even EAT for entertainment!! How rude.

My hubby loves to work nights...he says its "where all the action is".


Not from where I'm sitting, it ain't.

8 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I love that time of night!! It gives me a chance to sit down and knit something.

Anne/kq said...

I wish I could take painkillers when I have pain... Drugs I have now reacted poorly to now include Versed (so all benzodiazepans, including Valium, are out), Vicodin, and codeine. Yes, codeine. Ultram (tramadol) is wonderful but can't take it when nursing or pregnant. All I can have now is Tylenol and Advil. Regular Tylenol and Advil.

Anyway, glad you're feeling better, sorry about the lonely. I get lonely a lot.

Tara Ray Eyer said...

Feel free to give me a call that time of night. I'm just dying for an excuse to hole up in the bedroom and talk on the phone away from a teething baby and precocious four year old! Ha ha. I hear you--when Gary gets his transfer I'll be in the same boat. The consolation will be that he gets four days off at a time in between his work week.

Brittany said...

I hear you - for me, it's Saturday nights. There is REALLY nothing on TV on Saturday nights, and my three-month-old just isn't that great a conversationalist...

Vern said...

just for kicks, I decided not to eat anything good right along with you. except i didn't just have a root canal, so it doesn't suck as much.

talitha said...

awesome mom: nice. now I have guilt for not crafting in some way, LOL.

KQ: I can't take codeine, either. I break out into a horrible rash.

L & H: Oh, I am so calling you next time. Especially since you are moving further away....sob sob.

Brittany: No Schmatt on Saturdays?? I shall make a mental note of that.

Vern: you are everso sweet! Not eating anything good ALWAYS sucks...no matter the reason.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I absolutely LOVE the title of you blog and the scripture that explains it. Good going!

I don't remember how I got here but it's after midnight...again...so I better trundle off...should go to bed but I'll probably read another blog.

Thanks for the nice squeeky clean blog.

Lucas said...

Welp...my phone's always open to a nice phone call!!! haha =)

Anytime you need even a 5 min pick-me-up, you just give my phone a little ring-a-ling-ding!