Monday, July 14, 2008

Quote of the week...

“The biggest mistake I made as a parent is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my three children sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the 'doing' a little more and the 'getting it done' a little less.”

--Anna Quindlen

5 comments:

Vern said...

I love this one - I wrote it down before the Ensign even came out so I could remember it.

Carly Noel said...

Holy Cannoli.

But can I still be weirded out that Lindsey is getting married? hahaha.

Carly Noel said...

I meant my comment for the previous post. Sorry. I totally just through off the vibe. =)

Carly Noel said...

And I just realized that I could've deleted it and put it in the other one but now I'm going for super-comment-vibe-ruinage.

Loved the quote by the way.
Even though I don't have kids, I need to live in the moment more. Like tonight when I laughed so hard with your daughter that I thought my face would fall off. =)

Anne/kq said...

I know this is one thing I'm working on right now. Being where I am instead of separating myself from my life. When my daughter comes in to show me that she can play a new tune on the xylophone, I should give her my full attention instead of being annoyed she's interrupting Army Wives... She's important. A dumb tv show is not (even if it's good!)