Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Couldn't she just be 4 forever?


I wish I could always have this little girl twirling around the house, singing from The Phantom of the Opera. Always hear her come up with things from the backseat of the car like, "When I am a teenager I'd like a slug bug, Momma. Do they come in purple?" and always feel her little tug on my leg for some popcorn, some kisses, some help tying the bow on her dress. I asked her the other day if she'd humor me and not grow up. With her typical wisdom, she looked at me soberly and said, "I'm sorry Momma...but growing up is what little kids do."

Dang it.



4 comments:

Buffy said...

I love that picture...so sweet!

Brittany said...

Those eyes are amazing. Sweet post.

~pollyanna said...

Your post made me cry for the years when my kids all loved dilly bars and days at the park... It all went so fast...

Elaine said...

Ok...that face could make you smile everyday...

What a sweetie...I like how she tried to let you down easy...