TXMommy tagged whoever felt like it to do this meme. I feel like it.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. But it has to be really good, like grown up hot chocolate. No Swiss Miss for me, thanks.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps the one present he gives to the kids, in paper with his face all over it. He also stuffs the stockings and leaves them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. I like a country, simple Christmas look.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, we never have! Hmmmmm...
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, depending on my hubby's shift schedule.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Excluding dessert is just wrong. Ummm....Ham and au gratin potatoes
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Spending Christmas one year with my dad's mom and stepdad. They lived near Chicago and I had never been to that area, and I just thought everything about where they lived was cool.
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? It must have been early, because I really don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the kids open one. Usually something boring like pjs.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of different things. We have the little ornaments that the kids have made or been given, and we have ornaments left from when my hubby was a child. Sadly, I have nothing of the ornaments from when I was a child. Then we have a tin star on top, and cream ribbon bows, and gold bead garland.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it as long as I don't have to go anywhere.
12. Can you ice skate? NO, I only ever went ice skating once. I remember it hurt my ankles!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I had one of my daughters on Christmas Eve. It was a lovely, lovely time.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? It isn't the MOST important, but I really, truly love to find or make a gift for someone I love, something that I know they will love and enjoy.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Baklava made by Greek women. I have converted SO many people who didn't think they liked baklava. Uh huh. You just need to taste REAL baklava, made by my sisters, mom, and me in my mother's kitchen.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have a progressive dinner with my family that is really fun. I also love the feeling of sitting under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve...all is quiet and the presents are out and I always feel so overly and completely blessed.
17. What tops your tree? A tin star that has white lights inside of it. It is a new addition, since our old one died last year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. Like I mentioned, it really brings me the most fun and happiness.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have tons. Music is a HUGE part of my life. I even collect carolers that I display at Christmas time. I'd say my few most favorites are, "Good King Wenseslas" "Still, Still, Still" "Away In A Manger" "Some Children See Him".