Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Great 'Soup' Mystery solved...

So, the hubby calls me a few days ago and the conversation goes something like this:

The Hubby: Uhh, babe?
Me: Yeah?
TH: I , uh, finally read your blog.
[been telling me for weeks he'd get around to it...but to be fair: 1 wife, 7 kids, 3 jobs. Nuff said.]
M: Oh, yeah? So? What did you think?
TH: It's good, very funny. You know I think you are funny. But, ummm...the soup??
M: the soup? What soup...oh, yeah, what about the soup?
TH: That was all me. I bought it when you had that dental work done and couldn't chew. I thought you might like it.

So, from this we learn a few things. One, my husband is thoughtful and downright precious about taking care of the wife when she is hurting. (this I already knew, but those little reminders mean a lot after close to 20 years together) and Two, my husband thinks I would eat soup with little green floatie things.

So close, and yet so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicks, man. You do something thoughtful and wonderful and still they criticize.

I had to do the household after our first was born (health insurance paid for a housekeeper after the second for no particular reason). Sabine finally emerged from the bedroom after three or four days and walked into the kitchen.

"Wow," she said.

"What?" I wondered.

"Not bad. Clean, even."

I nearly killed her.

Titus Todd said...

ROFL

So true!

Awesome Mom said...

Rofl! It is the thought that counts.