Wednesday, April 13, 2011

small and simple reminders...

This one is from the girls' room. I made the pillows in the feed sack style that is popular right now, and which I love. A friend was kind enough to lend me her stencils, and I just used acrylic paints. I wanted the wording to have meaning (small and simple reminders, right?) so this particular pillow says "Gift of Christmas" and "daughter of God" in French (because the room is decorated with a French feel). The numbers on the bottom are her birth month and date. I did one unique to our other daughter for her bed, as well.

Also, the pillow directly behind the feed sack pillow is actually an old bedspread from The Hubby's grandmother. I made several pillows and throws from it for our house as well as for other family members, as a small and simple reminder of our dear Grandma Peg, who is sorely missed.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I love this...you always do such sweet things...

Alpha Banners said...

I should have known you would also be a fan of the "feed-sacky" stuff. You did a great job! pal_gal

Beth said...

I love the decorating mood you've been in- or has it always been there and I just noticed? Anyway, your house is beautiful with so many great home-made and personal touches.