Saturday, January 22, 2011

I've had days like this...

I went to a wonderful meeting today, and the speaker showed us this picture and reminded us that oftentimes we can feel a lot like this poor donkey, like the weights and burdens we carry are too much for us to handle.

I appreciated her gentle reminder: "You don't have to do everything all the time."

I forget that, and find myself spinning my mental wheels in 20 different directions and becoming increasingly more miserable as I calculate just how many people I am letting down in how many different ways. I needed that reminder to be realisitic about what I carry.

So, I share it here. In case someone else might have needed to hear it, too.





3 comments:

Buffy said...

Thanks T.
I feel like that donkey quite often.

Brittany said...

Yes, needed this today.

Amy said...

I was at that meeting, too! This picture was my favorite part.

I felt like I should have reserved a hotel room in Castle Rock after last weekend.