Tuesday, August 25, 2009

do yourself a favor...

...and go see the movie "Julie & Julia".

It is such a charming little movie. Meryl Streep is incredibly engaging and joyful as Julia Child, and can I just say that I want to put Stanley Tucci (who plays Julia's husband, Paul) in my pocket and carry him around? I always get SO happy when I see he is in a movie because he is such a terrific actor. Put he and Meryl together as this adorable couple, and well...lovely. Just lovely.

My favorite scene is when Julia and Paul take Julia's visiting sister out for dinner. The whole scene is just delightful from beginning to end.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I found the draw back to the movie was the hunger for really yummy food.

Kara said...

We loved it too. I got all excited to read the book but found it quite... different... than the movie. For once the movie is way better than the book.

Hillfivesome said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I kept wandering if it was good enough to go see or not.

Jordan said...

I totally agree! Meryl Streep was AMAZING and Stanley Tucci was fantastic as well. Unfortunately, I thought the whole story with Amy Adams was a little painful to watch. I wished the movie was just all about Julia.

Vern said...

My sister said the same thing. I'll put it on my list of things to do this week!