Wednesday, December 10, 2008

car conversations...

Last night, driving to and fro with our 1st grade son.

1st grade son: So, Mom? Did you know that Hanukkah is before Christmas? And it lasts for longer than 1 day?

me: I did know that.

1st grade son: And, Mom? Did you know that it's called the Festival of Lights? Because it is.

me: I think I knew that. Did you know that not everyone celebrates Hanukkah? It's a special group of people who celebrate Hanukkah...do you know what they are called?

1st grade son: Ummmm.....(tentatively) Hanukkahans?

I almost had to pull over.

4 comments:

Bri Lamkin said...

hahahahaha, oh man. i'm excited to come home for this kind of stuff.

hey, d'you know i'm going to be officially 19 in five days.

Jennifer said...

hahaha that was great!

Awesome Mom said...

I would love to meet some Haunakanas I bet they are really nice people.

Titus Todd said...

Hilarious! Life would be so boring without kids.