Friday, March 21, 2008

I didn't need to know that...

I took my daughter to her first enrichment night (activity night at church for the adult women) last night. We were playing a game called "Love Your Neighbor".

It's where you all sit in a circle on chairs and one person is in the middle of the circle as "it" and she approaches people in their chairs and asks, "Do you love your neighbor?" The person asked the question may then answer "Yes, I love my neighbor" and then the people to her immediate right and left must rush to trade seats, while the person who is "it" tries to take one.

OR...the person asked the question may answer, "No, I don't love my neighbor, but I do love people who _____." (it could be, "have green eyes", or "have been to Hawaii") Then, the people who apply to the statement all have to get up and find a new chair. Whoever can't find a seat is then "it" and has to ask someone else if they love their neighbor.

So, one of the more adventurous ladies offered, "No, I don't love my neighbor, but I do love people who have gone skinnydipping."

Imagine my surprise when my lovely 18 year old daughter jumped up and rushed to find a new seat.

Good times.

9 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Lol!!! Yeah I think that is one I thing that could stay ignorant about.

Brittany said...

Oh dear! I'm going to give that girl a talking-to!

talitha said...

Well, before you do that you might want to know WHO she went skinny dipping WITH.

Anne/kq said...

Oh my! I sure hope it was her girlfriends (the only people I've been skinnydipping with. We were playing Truth or Dare.)

Vern said...

so when your daughter got up to switch places, were you getting up too?

talitha said...

You'd think so, wouldn't you, vern? But no.

I was not nearly as rebellious and wild as I like to think I was.

talitha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly Noel said...

uh, umm...uuuuuh...

talitha said...

yeah, you and I are gonna have a chat, little missy...

LOL