Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It was 82 degrees yesterday...


So, we went to the water spouts and had some fun. It was such a gorgeous day, and after a long winter and a very wet spring, it felt really good to come out and just PLAY.
As usual, little man just wanted to survey the action at a safe distance. But the other kids surprised me with their fearlessness! Even the little ones just ran right in and giggled and splashed. At first, Dad and I tried to tell them not to get "too wet". Yeah, right. We realized quickly that if they were going to have any fun, they had to just let loose and go for it.
So they did.



They had such a ball. And they got SOOOOO wet!! They'd run around in it til they couldn't take it anymore and then would lay on the ground in the sun to try and warm up. I am so ready for summer, now. Sitting outside, watching the kids play like this, reminded me of what is so terrific about this time of year.


























6 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

That looks like a ton of fun!!! I am so glad it is warming up too.

Anonymous said...

Hi--whew, seems like such a nice time!
Yay!! for Spring.

Lana said...

what cute smilie faces!!!
Looks like fun:)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So glad I found your blog again - love your writing! Especially love the quote you shared on Monday.

I finally figured out how to use bloglines so I won't lose you again. =)

Anonymous said...

that was so cute how you guys told the kids at first to not get too wet! funny!

that made me chuckle. looked like you all had a blast :) tootles, kathleen

Anne/kq said...

So cute! I love those grins. And that looks like a lot of fun. Mine would probably freak out like nobody's business, though. The littlest things set her off-- like when she saw a snail on a baseball bat at the thrift store and it started moving-- so I don't want to know how loud she'd scream at WATER SHOOTING IN THE AIR.