Monday, April 02, 2007

Interview Me...

Awesome Mom did this fun game called, "Interview Me".

Here's the general idea if you'd like to play along:
The Rules: Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me.” I respond by asking you five questions (left in my comments) so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be somewhat personal! You can update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever with the answers to the questions (please don't leave your answers in my comments unless you don't have a blog). You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So, here are the answers to the questions
Awesome Mom asked me:

1 Do you think your teenaged self would be happy with the way that your life has turned out so far?

I think my teenaged self would be surprized by the way my life is turning out. I never expected or particularly desired to be a mom, or really to get married. I also think that my teenaged self would be interested to see the strides I have made at overcoming my own weaknesses, and making changes that needed to be made. But I also think my teenaged self would tell me to do something about my fat butt.

2 Do you prefer gold jewelry, silver jewelry or neither?

I'm not a jewelry person--much. I would wear more if I hadn't been conditioned not to by necessity. (the first time a baby pulls your earring nearly out of your ear, you tend to forgo the earrings. Same with nearly being choked by a necklace.) But I have 3 rings that I love, and they are gold. Two are my wedding rings, and one is a ring my hubby bought that symbolizes our children--3 diamond baguette stones for the girls, 4 diamond square stones for the boys, intermingled.

3 What has been one of the most surprising things that you have discovered about motherhood?
Just how much you learn about yourself, and how much you want to change the faults and flaws that you have to be the best possible example you can be for them. I look at my 17 year old, especially, and I pray that my role modeling for woman/motherhood has been sufficient. I am also surprized to see how much I have come to understand about God and His nature by being a mother.

4 What are some things that would be in your dream home?

*A HUGE mud/laundry room. HUGE. With two sets of large capacity washers and dryers, and hanging and basket space for everyone. And all. their. stuff.
*hardwood floors everywhere in common areas. I miss my hardwoods. Hopefully next year!!
*children who cleaned for fun

5 What is your favorite flower? Why?

Yellow roses. Roses to me are extravagant and romantic. And I like the yellow because it's cheerful and warm. My favorite is red roses (my hubby's favorite) and yellow roses together.

Ok, if you want me to interview you, let me know!

6 comments:

Millie said...

Oh, how fun. Interview me.

I love yellow roses too. :)

talitha said...

Ok Miss Millie, here's your 5:

1) What's the best meal you have ever eaten?

2)Is there anything you are a snob about?

3) What's something you have never liked to do, but do anyway?

4)Which do you value more: honesty or loyalty?

5)Who do you feel has taught you the most about life?

Can't wait to see your answers!

Awesome Mom said...

Great answers! I never wear jewelry any more for the same reason as you. I don't even thins that my pierced ears are even open any more it has been so long since I wore earrings in them.

I love roses too but my favorite is Peace which is a yellow fading to cream and then blending to a pale pink. That was the first thing I planted when we moved to our current place and actually had a tiny bit of a back yard.

Mean Mommy said...

I'll play--interview me too. :)

talitha said...

All righty then! Here you go, Mean Mommy:

1) What one thing about yourself do you most wish you could change?

2) Do you like talking on the phone?

3) What scares you?

4) What is your favorite book? If necessary, narrow it to Top 5.

5)Why DO you love spreadsheets so much?

Mean Mommy said...

Answers up at my blog.