Monday, January 29, 2007

Quote of the week...

I am a quote freak. I have a collection of quotes that is growing constantly, because I love it when someone puts together a finely crafted sentence or thought. So, in order to be gracious and not horde my lovely collection, I have decided to share a quote every Monday.

Here's the first:

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."

--George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

Lana said...

good quote!
I did get one of the girls into EFY at a different campus. We're still trying to figure out what do for the other.

talitha said...

I am glad to hear it! I know that those kinds of experiences are important for our kids to have. I hope you find something for both of them that will work!

Millie said...

That reminds me of a President Kimball quote. It was in the very first chapter (about his life) of the new manual. The one before the first lesson.

talitha said...

Oh, President Kimball. The Prophet of my youth...I love him so much.
Thank you for reminding me that I need to read his history as we start the study of his teachings this year.